Calne Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organisation representing small, medium and large scale businesses across a range of sectors in the Calne and SN11 area. Our members include many local manufacturers, service organisations, retailers and professionals.
'Our objective is straightforward - to provide support, and drive opportunity, for local businesses of all shapes and sizes.'
How is joining the Calne Chamber of Commerce going to help me and my business grow?
By becoming a member of the Calne Chamber of Commerce you, and your business, can gain access to professionals from all business sectors. Within our network you will find company directors, sales managers, accountants, graphic designers, marketeers, retailers and website developers, to name but a few. Each, as a member of the Calne Chamber of Commerce, would be delighted to speak to you about your business, your goals and possible collaboration.
Aside from the instant links with many likeminded professionals, you gain the representation of the Chamber. Our members, who are seated within a number of groups that steer the direction of the local area, campaign to ensure business is well represented in any decisions. The committee also works in partnership with Inspire, the trading name for the Wessex Chambers of Commerce, to feed challenges felt in the Calne / SN11 area to a larger, countywide representative group.
How can I contact other Calne Chamber members?
There are many ways you can reach out to other professionals within the Calne Chamber network. We appreciate the challenges of work don’t always allow for members to attend breakfast, lunch or evening meetings. We are all very busy people with families, social activities and commitments.
Our solution is two-fold.
1. We provide our members with monthly networking gatherings often at breakfast time, before the working day begins and hosted at local business premises. The 30-45minute breakfasts allow enough time for attendees to enjoy a refreshment, whilst the host talks briefly about their company, without interrupting the day ahead. In addition to the regular networking events, we host special annual events including a Christmas lunch and the Annual General Meeting.
2. Social media, specifically LinkedIn. All of our members are encouraged to join the Calne Chamber LinkedIn group to provide an open platform for discussion. By harnessing the power of social media the Chamber can offer all of the members channels to actively engage with one another.
How do you market my business?
Once you become a Chamber member you are invited to list your business on the members directory. Your posting then gets shared on our social media channels to all members. We also offer each member the opportunity to put an introductory message in the monthly newsletter describing themselves, their business and they type of professionals they would like to speak to. Members are encouraged to share their news for inclusion in the monthly newsletter.
The Calne Business Fair, organised by a group of Calne business people, is actively supported by the Chamber. The annual event has doubled in size in recent years, attracting more local businesses and helping to drive awareness of the many types of industry working in the local area.
As a member of the Chamber you will be invited to exhibit your company before the general invitation is publicised. This enables your business to request a high footfall stand position to maximise your business exposure during the event.
- LinkedIn – we have over 100 Chamber members as part of our group and we actively share our Members’ news.
- Receive additional web presence with a listing in our member directory (www.calnechamber.co.uk/membership/members/).
- We have a mailing list of over 100 local businesses to which we regularly include members’ news and profiles in our monthly newsletters.
What else does the Chamber do in the local area?
There have been many successes in recent years driven by the Calne Chamber of Commerce, the support of the newly formed Calne Business Fair being one of the highlights. More subtle, but no less important, activities backed by the Chamber include:
- The upgrading of signage within the Porte Marsh estate
- Creation of the Calne Springs community website
- Supporting the annual Bike Meet
Annual membership of the Calne Chamber of Commerce costs just £75, to join now simply fill out the form and one of the committee will be in touch.